Network Security Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebooks' Network Security team is seeking an experienced engineer to help secure the infrastructure that connects over a billion users. You will be responsible for building, implementing and operationally supporting network security efforts throughout our network. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for security and innovation, who will research and develop new solutions to help protect our infrastructure and our users. This candidate should thrive on finding security issues and eradicating them as well as a desire to make life hard for the bad guys. With focuses that range from large scale DDoS, security tool development, defense against internal and external attacks there's lots of room to push your skill set further.
- Implementation and evolution of network access controls
- Iterate network security posture to better protect against attacks and detect new vectors
- Lead network efforts to mitigate and investigate security incidents
- Develop automation and utilize frameworks to scale both protection and mitigation tools
- Evaluate and test new vendor and in house network initiatives for security issue
- Mentor and evangelize security practices through cross functional work with engineering teams throughout Facebook.
- Keep Facebook safe through active operation and defense of critical network infrastructure
- Network Engineering background with emphasis in offensive/defensive security, systems engineering, or software development
- Troubleshooting production and/or corporate network security issues. Including knowledge of BGP, TCP/IP and other layer 2 and layer 3 protocols/technologies.
- Demonstrated experience researching, building and implementing defensive security systems that are used against internal and external attack vectors.
- Understanding of Python, Perl or other programming languages coupled with the ability to apply that to security tool development, automation and overall programmatic solutions that will be used to defend our infrastructure.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top