Network Quantitative Analyst
(Menlo Park, CA - Seattle, WA - Denver, CO)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Every day we strive to provide the best possible experience to our users that are now numbered in billions, and to make that possible, we have deployed an ultra-high capacity backbone network that spans the globe. We are looking for a Quantitative Analyst to join our Backbone Engineering team to support the expansion of our global network through application of targeted metrics and valuable analysis to ensure we maintain our high performance.
- Work with large, complex data sets around the Facebook data infrastructure and solve difficult ad-hoc analysis problems.
- Ability to develop, and deploy automated data pipelines to support prototyping and POC efforts across the team
- Produce data visualizations for demand, capacity and performance which will enable decision making to internal partners.
- Build, test, and deploy models/simulations, understanding the key outputs and provide statistical analysis of results.
- Support end users on ad-hoc data usage and be a subject matter expert for solution development across the team.
- Leverage the Facebook software and infrastructure to develop efficient analytics.
- Build cross functional relationships with Data Scientists, Network Planners, Software Engineers and Network Engineers to understand their data needs.
- BS degree in an analytical field (such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or similar)
- Experience scripting (PHP, R, PYTHON) or experience with data tools for mining (R, SQL)
- Statistical data analysis, queueing theory, non-stationary process analysis including understanding in SQL, R and/or Tableau
- Familiarity with network performance
- Expertise in Data Analytics and Forecasting
- Analytics background, in a forecasting capacity and be able to work with data scientists
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top