Network Production Engineer
Production Engineers (Network) at Facebook are hybrid software/network engineers who ensure that Facebook's network and related services run smoothly and have the capacity for future growth. Automation is the key to meeting our demands; you will be responsible for conceiving, developing, and deploying systems and tools to keep the network running reliably and efficiently.
Do you want to work on one of the most dynamic, fast-paced networks in the world? Do you want to develop innovative solutions to our challenges and ship them into production? Then this is the role for you!
NETWORK PRODUCTION ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug the hardest problems, live, on some of the largest and most complex networks and systems in the world
- Together with your engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
- Manage and maintain multi-vendor, multi-protocol data center, backbone and edge networks
- Define and develop optimized network monitoring systems
- Design and deploy new network and tooling architectures
- Analyze data to diagnose and identify root causes to network issues
- Partner alongside the best engineers in the industry on the coolest stuff around, the code and systems you work on will be in production and used by billions of users all around the world
- Engineering degree, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience coding in higher-level languages (e.g., Python, C++, Go, etc.)
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of network devices and NMS systems, or applications such as web servers, load balancers, relational databases, storage systems and messaging systems
- Experience learning software, frameworks and APIs
- Knowledge in routing and switching - hardware design and knowledge of forwarding and data planes
- Protocol knowledge in one or more of BGP, MPLS, ISIS or similar routing protocols - knowledge in typical configurations and performance tuning
- Experience developing and understanding network device configuration for at least one vendor (Juniper, Cisco, Arista, Brocade, etc.)
- Experience understanding and mitigating network hardware and topology failures
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP and IPv6
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Data Engineer Manager- Infra Strategy
Bellevue, WA + 3 More
- Geo Program Manager, Global Data Center Connectivity
Los Lunas, NM + 13 More
- Network Engineer, Intern
Denver, CO + 2 More
- Network Production Engineer
Denver, CO + 3 More
- Privacy Program Manager, Product
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Technical Program Manager, Network Engineering, Dark Fiber Networks
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top