Network Planning, Capacity Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Every day we strive to provide best possible experience to our users that are now numbered in billions, and to make that possible, we have deployed an ultra-high capacity backbone network that spans the Globe. We are looking for a Capacity Manager to join our Backbone team to support the expansion of our global network. This is an ideal role for a Capacity Manager that wants to work on a purpose built and ever expending network that touches and changes lives of billions for the better every day.
- Plan network capacity and topology expansions using in-house developed network design and analysis modeling tools, for both IP and Optical requirements.
- Project manage and prioritize network builds across the Facebook global infrastructure.
- Ensures all capacity constraints are identified such that due dates are met and potential issues identified with proposed solutions and communicated.
- Work with engineering, deployment, sourcing, and other various functions to support network infrastructure.
- Create engineering work packages that include IP and Optical hardware requirements, channel plans, port maps, and as built designs.
- Communicate and coordinate sequential plans consisting of equipment overbuilds, augments and grooms for equipment decommissions.
- Documents detailed technical methodology for installation of network equipment of moderate complexity, including build plans, equipment design.
- Forecast and manage inventory levels and responsible for budgetary timing and accuracy.
- Improve cross-functional workflow efficiency and shorten deployment lead-time by aligning end-to-end feasibility for capacity turn-up.
- Work with cross-function team to define network migration strategy to achieve desired goal with minimum network impact.
- Drive inventory data visibility on site/HW/transport and streamline low-level engineering design with automation.
- 5+ years of experience in network planning in high-capacity production environments.
- Knowledge of network design and equipment resiliency planning.
- Knowledge of IP and optical combined with hands-on experience vendor products in the field.
- 5+ years experience driving large-scale WAN network deployment in both IP and optical layers.
- Experience with network planning and inventory tools.
- Experience communicating across the organization including sourcing, engineering and program management teams.
- BS or MS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience with both terrestrial and submarine networks.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top