Network Operations Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an Optical Network Operations Manager who can help monitor the network and troubleshoot network issues, and ensure we are able to provide guaranteed performance and capacity to our products.
- Build, manage and lead a team of exceptional network operations engineers.
- Exhibit and embody the qualities of a great manager.
- Manage a complex organization of vendors, smart hands and other third parties.
- Manage and resolve a high volume of daily requests from peering and CDN partners.
- Ensure operational best practices for a global multi-vendor network that includes backbone, metro, peering, transit, circuits, edge fabric, off-net CDN, and POPs.
- Develop operational process and procedures to ensure predictable and timely fault response and resolution.
- Develop operational metrics and drive positive change based on data driven decisions.
- Ensure service level objectives are met for the global network as well as third party response and resolution.
- Develop automation and tooling to ensure sub-linear team growth as compared to business growth.
- Develop staffing models to ensure successful day-to-day operations as well as execution of tactical and strategic programs.
- Partner with and build high quality relationships with other Facebook teams.
- Create and develop strategies to ensure the network is an enabler for long-term business growth.
- 10+ years of network operations experience on large-scale networks.
- 5+ years of direct people management experience on large-scale networks.
- Knowledge of routing and switching platforms and IP routing protocols.
- Experience in analyzing situations, troubleshooting, systems and tools, and problem solving.
- Experience setting and managing KPIs and SLOs.
- Documentation and communication experience.
- Experience with the Network Management system (NMS), Element Management system (EMS) and CLI interfaces of different network platforms.
- 5+ years experience managing vendors and third party smart hands.
- Experience in leading, growing and mentoring high performance teams.
- Experience leading and maturing teams in a fast-paced company that has experienced exponential growth.
- Ability to create a culture of automation first.
- In depth experience with network analysis and thorough troubleshooting skills.
- Leading automation and coding programs in a Network Operations environment is a distinct advantage.
- Ability to operate autonomously, strong analytical skills, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top