Network Investments Manager
- London, United Kingdom
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
To support the fast growing user community and the new and innovative products that we are making available for our users, we are continually expanding our backbone network infrastructure around the Globe. Our Network Investment Managers solve some of the most complex network development and delivery challenges every day. We are looking for a Network Investment Manager to join our network team to support our growing backbone needs. This person will support the EMEA region, and the nature or acquisitions will include leases, dark fiber assets as well construction of new terrestrial and subsea routes where infrastructure currently does not exist. They will develop and implement strategies to provide Facebook with best in class pricing, optimal flexibility & scalability, unmatched delivery & availability as well as optimized operation & maintenance arrangements. If you are passionate about telecommunications and making the world more connected please send you resume for consideration for this exciting role.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
Date posted: 13th of July 2020
Closing date: 9th of August 2020
- Develops supply strategies, including joint build efforts with partner organizations with similar connectivity needs
- Manages a portfolio of fiber infrastructure suppliers in the EMEA region including subsea suppliers in the Atlantic and Indian Ocean regions.
- Identifies suppliers, negotiates commercial terms, and works with the legal department to negotiate and execute supplier contracts
- Oversees the performance of the contracts, tracking and ensuring supplier compliance within the terms and conditions of the contract, processing of supplier invoices, and renegotiate contract terms as needed
- Keeps abreast of the telecom wholesale market technological and commercial developments. Represents Facebook network team in conferences and trade shows
- Keeps track of price trends in the market to ensure best in class commercial terms for Facebook
- Works closely with cross functional teams to develop network requirement and acquisition strategies
- Works closely with finance and planning teams to develop budgets, forecasts and long-range investment plans
- Works closely with accounting and accounts payable for accurate processing of supplier invoices and compliance with accounting guidelines
- Generates clear and objective investment analysis and recommendations for investment approvals
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time abroad
- Identify internal workflow improvements to define the requirements for development improvements
- BA/BSC or equivalent in technical or business related field with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Good understanding of the fiber infrastructure and market players specialising in Europe, Middle East or Africa
- Business and technical knowledge of networking particularly in transport technologies, with Subsea experience a bonus.
- Experience to analyse and present quantitative and qualitative comparative analysis of investment alternatives and recommendations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team and with external partners.
Back to top