Network Infrastructure Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Our network engineering team is re-imagining the network. You can be part of this change, you can help define the next phase of networking. Network Production Engineering is where systems and automation meet network engineering. We are moving aggressively to blur the lines between the network and server worlds, to adapt the best practices for scaling and system administration to networking. Engineers on the team have backgrounds in network engineering, systems engineering and software development. They work alongside software engineers and network engineers to build and support provisioning systems, FBOSS and Wedge infrastructure, configuration management systems, and tools to maintain and operate our global network efficiently. Managing this team requires a unique skill set over a broad range of technologies in both the server and network fields, and a focus on growing and developing a highly skilled team. Creativity and adaptability are a must as you help drive towards the next evolution of network management. At Facebook, we look for deeply technical managers who are equally passionate for building high impact teams. Are you ready to re-imagine the network?
- Manage engineers working with our Data Center, Backbone, Hardware and Software networking teams to build, scale, deploy and support our global network infrastructure
- Help define, and drive regular development of an aggressive technical roadmap to meet the needs of the team, and partner teams
- Be a hands-on manager with deep technical experience in networking, systems and software
- Operate in a rapidly evolving environment, adapt quickly to new information, re-prioritize as needed
- Manage engineers to strengths, enable, unblock, and grow talent through coaching and technical mentoring
- Proactively identify resource needs, participate in recruiting efforts, and hiring to grow the team
- Identify, cultivate and grow technical leaders
- Responsible for people management of a team of at least 5 engineers, providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Networking, System Administration or Software Engineering experience
- 2+ years experience managing an engineering team
- Experience automating device configuration and management
- 4+ years experience of Linux system administration
- 4+ years of experience working with networking protocols including TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS, etc.
- 4+ years working with Cisco and Juniper routers and switches
- 4+ years software engineering or scripting experience with Python, Perl, Go, or Ruby
- Experience designing and maintaining servers, or network equipment
- Device configuration and administration automation experience
Back to top