Network Infrastructure Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for talented, highly motivated engineers for it's Network Infrastructure Engineering team. As a member of the team, your primary function will be to ensure that the network is reliable, robust and can scale to meet the challenges that serving over a billion users presents. Automation is the key to meeting our demands; you will be responsible for conceiving, developing and deploying tools to support the network.
Do you want to work on one of the most dynamic, fast paced networks in the world? Do you want to develop innovative solutions to our challenges and ship them into production? Then this is the role for you!
This is a full-time position based in our Dublin office.
- Manage and maintain multi-vendor, multi-protocol datacenter and backbone networks
- Define, and develop optimized network monitoring systems
- Design, and deploy new network architectures
- Develop automated methods to mitigate and remediate network events
- Analyze data to diagnose and identify root causes to network issues
- Be an active participant in deep technical discussions
- Develop and maintain consistency within the networking infrastructure
- 2+ years of in-depth experience with routing and switching
- Experience scripting with Perl, Python, Ruby, awk and shell strongly preferred
- Knowledge of MPLS, BGP, and ISIS
- Minimum 2 years experience with BGP and IGP
- Minimum 2 years experience in Linux/Unix
- Experience in device configuration
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to manage long term, project/milestone based work with multiple teams.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top