Network Infrastructure Engineer
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for talented, highly motivated engineers for its Network Infrastructure Engineering team. As a member of the team, your primary function will be to ensure that the network is reliable, robust and can scale to meet the challenges that serving over a billion users presents. Automation is the key to meeting our demands; you will be responsible for conceiving, developing and deploying tools to support the network.
Do you want to work on one of the most dynamic, fast paced networks in the world? Do you want to develop innovative solutions to our challenges and ship them into production? Then this is the role for you!
This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Manage and maintain multi-vendor, multi-protocol datacenter and backbone networks
- Define, and develop optimized network monitoring systems
- Design, and deploy new network architectures
- Develop automated methods to mitigate and remediate network events
- Analyze data to diagnose and identify root causes to network issues
- Be an active participant in deep technical discussions
- Develop and maintain consistency within the networking infrastructure
- 2+ years of experience in routing and switching
- Knowledge of MPLS, BGP, and ISIS
- Minimum 2 years experience using BGP and IGP
- Experience scripting with Perl, Python, Ruby, AWK or Shell
- Minimum 2 years experience in Linux/Unix
- Experience in device configuration
- Knowledge of TCP/IP
- Analytical and troubleshooting experience
- Experience managing long term, project/milestone based work with teams
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top