Network Hardware Validation Engineer, Intern
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Driven by our rapid growth, Facebook is looking to take advantage of the insights gained by running and sustaining our network hardware for our data centers. Facebook is looking for an Network Hardware Engineer to support the testing and validation of the Network Hardware Switching platforms for our Data Centers. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Collaborate with FB engineers to test and validate next generation ASICs used in OCP Switch Hardware Platforms
- Work in a collaborative environment across Facebook teams including SW,
- Hardware , DNE /NIE teams
- Develop test harness for validating various error conditions [both hardware and software] that can cause outages in switch.
- Develop leads and instructions for inserting hardware probes on board to induce temporary disruptions/surges in critical voltage/power rails.
- Pursuing a Masters' or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science [Networking], ASIC Design or related field with relevant coursework or research.
- Familiarity with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, high speed probes, logic analyzers, power meter.
- Experience in Python or other object-oriented language, C.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Experience with system-level switching hardware and components.
- Experience in understanding how internal memories operate in an ASIC
- Experience working in distributed software development environment with other engineers.
- Experience with lab automation.
Back to top