Network Hardware Engineer, PhD Intern
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Driven by our rapid growth, Facebook is looking to take advantage of the efficiencies gained by optimizing our network hardware for our data centers. Facebook is looking for a Network Hardware Engineer, PhD Intern to support the development of the overall network hardware of Facebook. The intern will play an important role in the design, development and validation of our next generation networking products for our world class data centers. This position is located in our Menlo Park headquarters.
- Assist in developing systems for Facebookâ€™s next generation network across a broad range of technologies including switching, routing, and transport.
- High-speed SI design, AC/DC power design, PCB stackup analysis, Optoelectronic Integration
- Collaborate on new designs/solutions, bringing them from concept to operations. Contribute to requirements for new solutions.
- Work in a collaborative environment across Facebook and with ODM's & OEM's to drive Facebook's requirements for development, planning, operation and deployment.
- Design, develop, build and test components, and software automate systems and products based on a broad range of technologies.
- Pursuing a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Sciences and Engineering, and/or related field
- Programming experience in test/measurement automation and/or simulation
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Able to provide feedback on DFM issue on the products from a fresh perspective
- Ability to use hand tools to hack electrical and mechanical parts to test out new concepts
- Ability to support unit setup and testing to collect data
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Theory and hands on experience in electronic and mixed signal circuit design
- Knowledge in signal integrity and power design
- Knowledge in optoelectronic devices
- Knowledge in communication design
- Knowledge or experience in semiconductor devices, VLSI design, microelectronic device
- Experience in PCB design
- Scripting experience
Back to top