Network Hardware Engineer, Intern
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Driven by our rapid growth, Facebook is looking to take advantage of the efficiencies gained by optimizing our network hardware for our data centers. Facebook is looking for a Network Hardware Engineer Intern to support the development of the overall network hardware of Facebook. This position is located in our Menlo Park headquarters.
- Assist in developing systems for Facebook's next generation network for DC and WAN across a broad range of technologies including packet & optical for DC and WAN.
- Evaluate novel photonic devices and optical sub-systems, perform fiber optic DWDM transmission experiments, apply digital signal processing using real-time sampling scope signal analysis, develop device models and perform computer simulation of complex systems.
- Collaborate on new designs/solutions, bringing them from concept to operations. Contribute to requirements for new solutions.
- Work in a collaborative environment across Facebook and with ODM's & OEM's to drive Facebook's requirements for development, planning, operation and deployment.
- Design, develop, build and test components, and software automate systems and products based on a broad range of technologies.
- Pursuing a bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degrees in Electrical Engineering, Sciences and Engineering, and/or related field
- Experience with Matlab or Python or similar for system simulation and/or laboratory test automation
- Able to use simple hand tools to hack mechanical parts to test out new concepts.
- Able to support thermal unit setup and testing to collect data
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2018
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top