Network Hardware Engineer, Intern
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Driven by our rapid growth, Facebook is looking to take advantage of the efficiencies gained by optimizing our network hardware for our data centers. Facebook is looking for a Network Hardware Engineer Intern to support the development of the overall network hardware of Facebook. This position is full time located in our Menlo Park headquarters.
- Assist in developing systems for Facebook’s next generation network for DC and WAN across a broad range of technologies including packet & optical for DC and WAN.
- Evaluate novel photonic devices and optical sub-systems, perform fiber optic DWDM transmission experiments, apply digital signal processing using real-time sampling scope signal analysis, develop device models and perform computer simulation of complex systems.
- Collaborate on new designs/solutions, bringing them from concept to operations. Contribute to requirements for new solutions.
- Work in a collaborative environment across Facebook and with ODM’s & OEM’s to drive Facebook’s requirements for development, planning, operation and deployment.
- Design, develop, build and test components, and software automate systems and products based on a broad range of technologies.
- Contribute to roadmap efforts, new products, and product development.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degrees in Electrical Engineering, Sciences and Engineering, and/or related field
- Needs to be creative and able to handle challenging tasks.
- Motivated and eager to help without being asked.
- Experience with Matlab or Python or similar for system simulation and/or laboratory test automation
- Able to use simple hand tools to hack mechanical parts to test out new concepts.
- Able to support thermal unit setup and testing to collect data.
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2017
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top