Network Hardware Engineer
Driven by our rapid growth, Facebook is looking to take advantage of the efficiency gained by optimizing our network hardware for our data centers. Our network platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, throughput, scalability, reliability and intelligence. Facebook is looking for a Network Hardware Engineer to support the development of the overall network equipment of Facebook and shape the next generation of network that goes into our massively scalable data centers.
NETWORK HARDWARE ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop systems for Facebook's next generation network across a broad range of technologies including switch, router, and transport.
- Drive new design ideas and develop solutions for Facebook data center networking, bringing them from concept to operations.
- Design the next generation of open network devices and integrate these into highly scalable, deplorable and maintainable systems. Support the hardware design, debug, validation and optimization of the products.
- Work in a collaborative environment across Facebook and with ODM's & OEM's and suppliers to drive Facebook's requirements for development, planning, operation and deployment.
- Work with ODM and CM suppliers to evaluate existing designs and work towards developing cost-effective and innovate custom designs that meet Facebook networking requirements.
- Involvement in projects from concept through production, perform the design review across different cross-functional teams, gaining exposure to the complete design life cycle. Support the engineering builds with high volume manufacturing.
- Support production operation of Facebook's network platform across our data center, develop efficient automation tools to improve operation efficiency.
- 3+ years of experience with PCB board level design and layout, high speed interconnect and switching using merchant silicon ASICs.
- 3+ years of hardware development experience, with emphasis in network equipment field, such as switch, router, or transport.
- Proven track record of conceptualizing and delivering engineering solutions to customers.
- 3+ years of experience working with ODM suppliers.
- 3+ years of experience with environmental testing and electrical certifications.
- 3+ years of programming experience in test/measurement automation and/or simulation.
- Strong knowledge of data center switching, routing, and network protocols.
- Strong knowledge in DC/DC design, signal integrity and high-speed design.
- Strong knowledge in switch silion, and microelectronic device.
- Programming experience in test/measurement automation and/or simulation.
- Experience with open-source software tools.
- Linux knowledge or other embedded environments.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Back to top