Network Engineer, Wireless Connectivity Deployment
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Infrastructure Connectivity Deployment team is responsible for managing, supporting, and deploying both wired and wireless infrastructure connectivity solutions emerging from Facebook's Connectivity Lab and Telecom Infra Project (TIP). The Infrastructure Connectivity & Deployments team works closely with cross-functional team to support product development efforts along with conducting early trials and pilots across the globe. Infrastructure Connectivity & Deployments Engineers are responsible for architecting end to end connectivity solutions and we are looking for someone to join our team to help engineer and implement these technologies. This position is full-time and based in Menlo Park, California.
- Comprehensive wireless and TCP/IP network design and corresponding implementation.
- Work cross-functionally with partners, project management, network, software, and hardware engineers to build network designs to solve connectivity problems.
- Interface directly with partners and serve as escalation point for engineering and product teams.
- Work cross-functionally with local municipalities, engineering, and 3rd party vendors.
- Develop requirements and implementation plans with business partners and executive teams.
- Work with program managers, procurement, engineering, installation teams, and vendors to formalize site design requirements and deployment plans.
- Accept, test and benchmark off the shelf as well as inbuilt connectivity components.
- Build and integrate connectivity solutions with carriers/ISP networks.
- Deploy and operate testbeds to baseline and test wireless connectivity solutions.
- Proactively contribute to and maintain technical and training documentation.
- Develop automation and tooling as needed to support connectivity deployment initiatives.
- Experience with IPv6 and IPv4 networking in routing and switching.
- Experience designing and deploying scaled wireless networks at WISP, cellular carrier, or telco.
- Experience working with governments, municipalities, and installation crews for deployment of either wired or wireless networks.
- Experience in working with and troubleshooting wireless networks and wireless telecom equipment to include 3G/4G cellular, Wi-Fi, and microwave.
- Experience working with DC/AC power, fiber, and copper cabling.
- Experience with carrier backhaul including microwave and fiber transport networks.
- Experience in using Linux.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and conducting executive level briefings.
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner.
- Analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and cross-functional management skills with a focus under pressure.
- Ability to travel internationally, up to 25% of the time. Working across time zones, remote teams and cultures
- Automation software experience and familiarity.
- Start-up or technical infrastructure experience.
- Experience with alternative power sources such as wind or solar.
- Experience with network deployments in emerging markets.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top