Network Engineer, Switch & Router Diagnostic
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Network Engineer, Switch & Router Diagnostic to join our Network Design Team. Our data center network is the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. To support this mission, an optimized network becomes more and more important to enable the evolution and adoption of new hardware technology while achieving our most efficient operation. As a Network Engineer, Switch & Router Diagnostic in the networking design team you will drive the designs of the switches and routers. We look for engineers with a solid background and technical understanding in Hardware design, switches, and routers, as well as strong communication skills to build tight partnership with stakeholders. Engineer with extensive and recent experience with diagnostic software development, switch chip validation as well as large switch and routing systems. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Design, prototyping, test and verification phases of network hardware development cycle.
- Verification of prototypes (testing, debugging and implementing the solutions to the problems)
- Switch ASIC bring up, configuration, testing, firmware, automation, traffic test and analysis, debugging and diagnostics.
- Design switches, router for our datacenter. Wide Area Network.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Sciences and Engineering, and or related field
- 5+ years of experience in routing and switching
- Experience in hardware design, rapid prototyping, hardware bring-up in test
- Ability to assemble test beds from individual component, modules, and line cards is required.
- Experience in programming is required.
- Experience with switch ASIC internal functions such as lookup engines, buffering, SerDes.
- Experience in carrying product from design to NPI.
- Experience with high-speed test, measurement equipment, calibration, and test automation experience.
- Experience with switch L2/L3 forwarding operation. Experience with SDK and device drivers.
- Familiarity with routing protocols, switch interface SDK, API, python programming above switch SDK
- Experience with open source software toolset (GIT, Python, MySQL,) and Matlab.
- Experience in simulation.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top