Network Engineer (Oculus)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
A Network Engineer will have responsibility to design, deploy and manage the global enterprise network on a variety of cutting-edge platforms. A successful candidate will help develop and understand requirements from internal customers and create technical solutions to improve productivity and services. A candidate must have a strong technical background, be innovative and agile, collaborate well in a team environment, and have very strong communication skills â€" a visionary who challenges the status quo and believes that collaboration technologies can level-up productivity.
- Performance monitoring and management, interpretation of incident and reporting
- Ability to make modifications to processes and procedures that enable efficiency and effectiveness to troubleshooting techniques
- Configuration and troubleshooting of routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP.
- Network discovery and documentation, including logical and physical diagram
- 4+ years of experience with Layer 2 Switching protocols such as IP[v4|v6], TCP or UDP, STP, ECMP, 802.1[d|s|w], or 802.1x.
- 4+ years of experience with Layer 3 Routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and VRFs
- 2+ years of experience with stateful firewalls, non-stateful filtering and packet inspection.
- 1+ years experience in programming or scripting to automate / build, etc.
- 1+ years experience with VPNs (DVMRP, GRE, IPSec/SSL VPNs,), Wireless (802.1a/b/g/n), Global and Local Server Load-Balancing (GLB/SLB) or Multicast (PIM-SM, MSDP, IGMP)
- Experience supporting a range of technologies including: Cisco [IOS/NX-OS, IOS-XR] Routing & Switching, Extreme XOS switching.
- Experience with Layer 2 switching platform knowledge (e.g. system architecture, switching and forwarding issues) - familiarity with protocols such as EAPS and spanning tree.
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Associate (CCNA) certification
- Demonstrated ability to follow a script in Python, BASH, or Perl
- Extreme Certified Network Associate (or willingness to do the courses)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top