Network Engineer, Deployment & Support Intern
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook's Edge & Network Service (ENS) team is actively looking for passionate people to help us tackle the unique set of challenges and opportunities we face as we scale our datacenter footprint. Our team is the execution arm of the network team and is responsible for the deployment and support of all production networks (Edge, Backbone, Optical, and Datacenter) as well as our content delivery network (CDN) across the globe. With the introduction of our open networking hardware projects [https://code.facebook.com/posts/1241394199239439/the-growing-ecosystem-around-open-networking-hardware] we have entered into a new era of unprecedented opportunities to re-think traditional networking and iterate quickly in an area that was previously very closed to innovation. This truly global team offers a unique career opportunity to work with all of the latest network technologies and talented engineers solving some of the most complex problems in the industry. This is a full-time, 12 week internship position based in our Forth Worth, TX data center.
- Support and lead implementation of Facebook's production network infrastructure in the datacenter
- Perform hands on troubleshooting and repair of network hardware, software, and network circuits
- Perform network maintenance including hardware and software upgrades, migrations, decommissioning, and capacity upgrades
- Manage and update work assignments through our internal task tools and repair ticketing systems
- Maintain asset database and related documentation for installed network infrastructure
- Work cross-functionally to plan and execute on projects and manage operational incidents
- Proficient in UNIX/Linux and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Ability to pick up new concepts around network design and management
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally and solve problems under pressure
- Detail oriented with troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the country of employment in 2018
- Ability to lift/move 30-40 pounds on a daily basis
- Pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications, or a related technical discipline
- Operational experience in data center, service provider, or wide area networks
- Experience coding in at least one language, preferably for network or systems automation
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top