Network Engineer, Deployment & Support
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Network Deployment Engineer responsible for the deployment and support of one of the world largest and most complex network. As a member of this team, you will have a unique opportunity to be involved in projects related to deployment & scaling of the data center and edge network of Facebook. The ideal candidate is an engineer who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and constantly evolving network. A quick learner, proactive, and highly motivated engineer that is not afraid to challenge the status quo, with a creative mind to find solutions and workarounds for day-to-day problems. As a Network Deployment Engineer, she/he is not afraid to propose new ideas, gather constructive feedback from others, and push forward to make these ideas a reality.
- Deployment, configuration, and management of all network infrastructure in our Point of Presence (POP) sites in APAC region
- Create deployment packages and maintain as-built documentation and asset database for installed network gear.
- Participating in APAC Network Infrastructure planning and discussion, and work together with network engineering and project management team to drive the ideas and solutions, and lead operational improvement initiatives to enhance and scale the region.
- Work with partner teams and vendors to manage day-to-day operations, such as schedule and perform maintenance including upgrades, migrations, refreshes and decommissioning of production networks
- Proactively contribute to documentation, automation and processes improvement
- Create and maintain cage layout and network and server rack face elevations, floor plans, wiring diagrams, and detailed port maps for new deployments and documentation for POP sites.
- Manage equipment power/space requirements and consumption for multiple POP sites. Work with Colocation Vendors, local Engineering, Facilities Operations, to meet these requirements
- 6+ years of operational experience in TCP, IP[v4|v6], BGP, MPLS and related protocols.
- 5+ years of related work experience in designing, deployment and operating large-scale network infrastructure
- Experience with field-based work in Data Centers, Colocation Facilities, or Central Office environments
- Working knowledge of data center power and cooling infrastructure and critical facility operational best practices
- Working knowledge of physical infrastructure design including structured cabling and fiber-optic cabling
- Experience working in a multi-vendor environment with hands on experience with networking hardware
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver against mission critical deadlines, with flexible timing during occasion of project work
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced global team environments and solve complex problems with limited supervision
- Familiar with Linux based systems and experience in scripting and automation (Bash, Python, Perl)
- 10% to 30% of travel required
- Technical leadership capabilities and people management experience highly desired
- Experience with IPv6 and familiarity with scripting languages is strongly desired
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top