Network Engineer, Deployment & Operations Support
- Denver, CO
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Edge and Network Services Team (ENS) deploys and operates the global network and caching infrastructure that connects Facebook to the world. As a Network Engineer, Deployment & Operations Support within the ENS team, this individual will work closely with ENS managers, network engineers, software engineers, key Infrastructure business stakeholders, and end users to devise technical solutions for business problems. This individual will own solution delivery from concept to creation to ensure the team meets current and future business needs. The role requires a broad and comprehensive understanding of the global internet, IT and infrastructure systems, and business theories. In-depth knowledge of the communications industry products/services is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. This role also requires relevant practical experience of multiple business cycles in both tactical execution focus and strategic capacities.
- Ensures six month to multi-year roadmaps are created in alignment with business strategy and transformational goals. Involved in a wide range of diverse activities that require strategic vision, analysis, and also direct hands-on project leadership.
- Support multiple stakeholder organizations by understanding, anticipating, and influencing business outcomes. Exhibit proactive communication
- act and think with a product and customer mindset.
- Drive problem management initiatives to solve complex issues that span multiple organizations. Initiatives exist globally across technical infrastructure reliability, policy, security, compliance, and business strategy.
- Leverage a data driven approach to influence business and network health metrics.
- Manage key vendor relationships including contract negotiations, pricing, and evaluation of current and potential partnerships.
- Manage partner engineering team relationships to enable ENS to effectively meet business needs.
- Coach and develop other engineers and managers on the team.
- Ensures proper controls are implemented for financial budgets, staff planning, and prioritization assignment across teams.
- Make independent decisions on issues/activities that have a critical impact or influence on Network operations and deployment.
- 10+ years of experience in multiple technology disciplines with extensive experience in Network engineering.
- Global Network Operations and Deployment experience: knowledge of Network and Service Management functions. Experience in building and supporting a global network with Content Distribution Network (CDN) infrastructure footprint.
- Time management and project management skills: experience managing multiple projects simultaneously within a constrained time schedule.
- Cross-functional leadership skills: experience in communicating risks and action plans to stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team of key stakeholders and business leaders.
- Resourceful, action-orientated with the experience in getting things done and overcoming obstacles and developing creative solutions to problems.
- Experience applying a broad and comprehensive understanding of multiple functional areas and their underlying business principles.
Back to top