Network Engineer, Corp
- Redmond, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
How do you scale to billions of users? From the networks that connect our offices and data centers to our wired and wireless networks in offices around the world to custom WIFI in employee's houses used in place of VPN, there is a lot behind internal engineering. In honoring our hacker roots and challenging regular convention we help build the technical foundation of Facebook.Facebook is looking to expand its existing team focused on internal network engineering. A Network Engineer will have responsibility to design, deploy and manage the global enterprise network on a variety of cutting-edge platforms. Network Engineers will leverage existing automation tooling, and work with internal teams to enhance tooling. A successful candidate will help gather requirements from internal customers and develop technical solutions to improve productivity of services. A candidate must have a strong technical background, be innovative and agile, collaborate well in a global team environment, and have very strong communication skills - a visionary who challenges the status quo and believes that technologies can level-up productivity.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and ongoing management of the corporate network
- Design, implement and maintain new and existing systems, such as monitoring and analysis, management and alerting, for a complex enterprise network environment that is growing at an unprecedented pace
- Interface with information security and automation teams to design and continuously deliver security-related enhancements
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to automate various processes, aid in capacity planning and changes to network architecture
- Develop automated methods to mitigate and remediate network events and minimize operational complexity
- Work in a heterogeneous environment containing diverse systems and applications, and optimize them to work well together
- History of designing large-scale networks
- 3+ years experience with Layer 2 protocols and associated enhancements such as LACP, L2 ECMP, 802.1d/w/s, or 802.1x
- 3+ years of in-depth experience with Layer 3 protocols such as IP[v4|v6], TCP or UDP
- 3+ years of experience with stateful firewalls, non-stateful filtering and packet inspection
- 1+ years experience in programming or scripting to automate/build
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas: VPN (DVMRP, GRE, IPSec/SSL VPNs,), Wireless (802.1a/b/g/n), Global and Local Server Load-Balancing (GLB/SLB)
- Experience of implementing/maintaining monitoring and alerting for production systems
- Communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience operating independently in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision
- Knowledge/experience in any of the following areas: Overlay networks, Openflow/OVSDB, Network management via SNMP/XML/Netconf, Steaming Telemetry, Cloud management and orchestration systems
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top