Network Engineer, Capacity Provisioning
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Network Provisioning Engineer to join the Edge and Network Services team. This team is responsible for deploying, configuring and supporting one of the world's largest and complex backbone network. This is a full time position based in our Hong Kong office.
- Deploy network capacity on our global production network, across our global backbone and edge infrastructure.
- Work cross functionally with Planning, Engineering, Sourcing, Deployment and Project Management to generate capacity implementation plans for the team.
- Schedule and perform router, switch and server deployments, testing, and repair.
- Manage Plan of Record targets, track execution against the target, define metric and dashboards for team's work, identify blockers and communicate to rest of the organization.- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the provisioning team.
- Work closely with Traffic Engineering teams as new equipment and technologies are integrated into the production network.
- Perform fault isolation and trouble resolution on network hardware, software, and circuits.
- Schedule and perform network maintenance including repairs, upgrades, and migrations.
- Maintain asset database for installed network gear and work with Logistics on vendor RMAs.
- Maintain technical and training documentation, develop automation and tooling as needed.
- 8+ years of IP networking experience with designing, deploying, and supporting service provider, datacenter, and/or enterprise network infrastructure datacenter, and/or enterprise network infrastructure.
- 3+ years experience with configuring and troubleshooting IP routing/switching technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS, RSVP, and VRRP in a dual-stack IPv4/6 environment.
- 2+ years experience with enterprise and carrier class routing, switching, and optical transport platforms.
- Experience working in a multi-vendor network environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of data center design and operational best practices.
- Knowledge of Collocation Facilities, Internet Exchanges, or Central Offices a plus.
- 2+ years experience with Linux OS/networking.
- 1+ years scripting experience with Python or Perl. Python highly preferred.
- Knowledge of latest trends in programmability of networks. (OpenConfig, NetConf, YANG, etc)
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced global team environment with limited supervision
- Attention to detail with excellent time and project skills.
- Network certifications such as CCNP or JNCIP preferred, Expert level certifications a plus.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top