Network Engineer, BBE IP Foundation
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook’s global network comprised of cutting-edge platforms is looking for a Network Engineer to join the Backbone Engineering team focussed on IP/MPLS Core technologies. This team is responsible for designing, implementing and supporting one of the world’s largest and most complex networks. In the Foundation role you will work closely with other engineers with a wide variety of deep technical expertise in IP and Optical networking to drive forward innovation and expansion of our network based upon your area of expertise. This position is full-time and located in our Dublin office.
- Lead development of new technologies and designs for the Facebook Backbone Network
- Work with other team members and groups to develop scalable network designs, solutions and policy recommendations
- Guide engagement with vendors and internal development teams (hardware and software) to deliver upon network innovations and expansions in your area of expertise
- Evaluate deployment architectures and translate them to internal and external requirements/roadmaps
- Contribute to plans and workflows for sustainable growth and performance across all aspects of Facebook’s network infrastructure
- 5+ years experience in Core engineering or design roles within an ISP, content provider or large enterprise network
- or similar experience at a vendor directly supporting customer deployments
- Experience with ISIS, BGP, MPLS and knowledge of the latest trends in programmability of networks (OpenConfig, NetConf, YANG, etc)
- A detailed understanding of network hardware components and architectures and associated industry evolution
- Hands-on coding experience, particular in the areas of control and monitoring of IP networks
- Familiarity with engaging vendors on both development and support of aspects of network deployment
- Excellent communication skills including delivery of technical presentations
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top