Network Engineer, BBE IP
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's global network comprised of cutting-edge platforms is looking for a Network Engineer to join the Backbone and Edge Engineering team focused on IP/MPLS technologies. This team is responsible for designing, implementing and supporting one of the world's largest and most complex networks. In this role, you will work closely with other engineers with a wide variety of deep technical expertise in IP and Optical networking to drive forward innovation and expansion of our network based upon your area of expertise. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Lead development of new technologies and designs for the Facebook Backbone and Edge Network
- Work with other team members and groups to develop scalable network designs, solutions and policy recommendations
- Guide engagement with vendors and internal development teams (hardware and software) to deliver upon network innovations and expansions in your area of expertise
- Evaluate deployment architectures and translate them to internal and external requirements/roadmaps
- Contribute to plans and workflows for sustainable growth and performance across all aspects of Facebook's network infrastructure
- 2+ years experience in Core engineering or design roles within an ISP, content provider or large enterprise network or similar experience at a vendor directly supporting customer deployments
- Experience with ISIS, BGP, MPLS and knowledge of the latest trends in programmability of networks (OpenConfig, NetConf, YANG, etc.)
- Understanding of network hardware components and architectures and associated industry evolution
- Hands-on coding experience (Python, Go, Perl, etc.), particularly in the areas of control and monitoring of IP networks
- Familiarity with engaging vendors on both development and support of aspects of network deployment
- Communication skills including delivery of technical presentations
Back to top