Network Engineer, Automation Intern
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a talented, highly motivated engineer to join the Edge and Network Services team. This team is responsible for deploying and supporting one of the world’s largest, most complex, and robust networks. Automation is the key to meeting our demands; you will be responsible for conceiving, developing and launching tools to support network deployment, maintenance, and scale of data center and edge infrastructure. As a member of this team, you will have a unique opportunity to be involved in all aspects of global networking at Facebook.This position is Internship and based in our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Build and maintain tools to support network deployment and operations
- Work with partner network engineering teams to iterate and drive improvement in existing tools and systems
- Develop automated methods to detect, mitigate and remediate network events
- Collect and or manipulate data from different systems and organize it to support operations
- Build dashboards and metrics to help different teams with their analysis.
- Draft detailed technical documentation to support usability and development of the tools
- Interface with vendors and third parties to align internal tooling efforts
- Knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting IP routing/switching technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS, RSVP, and VRRP in a dual-stack IPv4/6 environment
- Solid knowledge of programming languages is needed, Python, Perl, or c++ required as a minimum
- Django, PHP, Shell is a plus
- Strong familiarity with Linux OS/networking
- Knowledge of SQL or other database structures is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem solving abilities under pressure
- Ability to work within a global team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with limited supervision
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Knowledge of interfacing with web services
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2017
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top