Network Engineer, Automation
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is actively seeking talented network engineers to help build and scale our rapidly evolving network infrastructure. We are looking for engineers passionate about networking and software with an aptitude for building scalable distributed systems. As a member of this small and growing team, you will be in charge of designing and implementing how we build, model, analyze and monitor Facebook’s corporate network. In addition to software development, you may be involved with evaluating third party and open source software, interacting with various other engineering teams, and working with network hardware vendors. There are a wide range of areas to work on spanning next-gen datacenter networking architecture, software systems to configure, monitor, analyze, model, and manage our datacenter, backbone, remote access, branch office, and campus networks. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park, CA office.
- Develop software to scale the Facebook corporate network
- Work with networking devices and protocols
- Analyze data to diagnose and identify root causes to network issues
- Be an active participant in deep technical discussions
- Actively seek out adoption and use-cases by partnering with our network engineering and operations teams
- Develop and maintain consistency within the networking infrastructure
- Develop automated methods to mitigate and remediate network events
- Integrate with other systems and evaluate third party solutions to problems in the environment
- Investigate and test next-gen networking equipment and designs
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting applications in a UNIX/LINUX environment
- 1+ years experience with application networking protocols such as TCP, IP, UDP, HTTP, DNS and Load Balancers
- Preferred but not required
- 1+ years experience with network devices (routers, switches, load balancers) and network routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, IS-IS)
- 1+ year of experience with design and implementation of network management systems
- 1+ years experience working with SQL databases or other datastores
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top