Network Deployment Manager
- Lehi, UT
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Manager to lead a Data Center Network Deployment team. This team is responsible for deploying one of the world's largest and complex networks. As a member of this team, you will have a unique opportunity to be involved in all aspects of networking at Facebook. This position is full-time and based in our Eagle Mountain, Utah.
- Manage and lead a strong technical team responsible for deployment, configuration, and management of all network infrastructure on our data center campus.
- Provide hands-on-manager with technical depth, vision, and ability to innovate.
- Collaborate with Program Managers, Procurement, Engineering, Installation teams and vendors to manage network deployment and operational activities.
- Manage site documentation, capacity planning, asset inventory, and hardware sparing functions at our data centers.
- Manage and improve global best practices and drive consistency across the regions.
- Manage relationships with site level and partner engineering teams.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and building the team as deemed necessary.
- Responsible for developing and building a career plan for each member to be successful.
- 10% to 30% of travel.
- 5+ years of experience managing a technical team, with 10+ years of experience supporting, deploying or designing networks.
- Technical and working experience and knowledge of routing, switching, internet protocols, and monitoring.
- Experience with process improvement and systems development, leveraging automation to streamline repetitive workflows.
- Communication skills and experience working in a global team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field.
- Experience working in a Data Center, DC architecture and issues related to data center networks.
- Experience with managing network operations and maintenance activity in a 24x7 production environment.
- Working knowledge of fiber-optic communications technology including CWDM and DWDM.
- Experience working in a multi-vendor network environment.
- Experience working with Linux systems.
- Experience with scripting.
Back to top