Network Delivery Manager, LATAM
(London, United Kingdom - Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Network Service Delivery Manager will act as the primary contact for services sourcing with the Facebook Edge Network supply base. Sourcing activities will include but not be limited to identification of product and service availability and options and developing a deployment plan based on forecast and partnering with Facebook Network Engineering to develop strategies for successful project deployments. The Network Service Delivery Manager will lead and support the development, implementation and management of strategies to provide the Facebook production network with best in class pricing, flexibility, delivery and availability performance. This position reports to the Edge Director of Planning and Procurement and will be based in our Menlo Park office.
- Manages a portfolio of supplier contracts in the assigned geographic region. Including executing new capacity orders, changes, decommissions
- Manages the performance of the contracts, tracking and ensuring compliance of suppliers within the terms and conditions of the contract. Renegotiates contract terms as needed. Manages Score Card reviews for assigned suppliers.
- Engages new suppliers and peering partners as needed.
- Works with the legal team for timely executions of orders and contracts.
- Ensures pricing is in line with established levels and drives cost down for Facebook where applicable
- Works closely with engineering, planning & sourcing to generate RFP/RFQ's for deployment work
- Manages circuit inventory for the Edge team, ensures data accuracy in home grown circuit inventory database.
- Works closely with finance and billing teams - coordinating circuit audits, assist with vendor billing discrepancies, payment exceptions and assists with accurate processing of supplier invoices as needed
- BA/BS or equivalent in technical or business related field with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- At least 5 years of Sourcing or Carrier Relations experience in Network related products and services.
- Willing to travel
- Business and technical knowledge of networking, particularly in peering and transit
- Ability to work independently supporting LATAM while collectively acting as backup to the rest of the globe
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering field.
- Must be fluent in Spanish or Portuguese
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top