Network Capacity Manager, Planning
- London, United Kingdom
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade, our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast-growing organization. Every day we strive to provide the best possible experience to our users that are now numbered in billions, and to make that possible, we have deployed an ultra-high capacity backbone network that spans the globe. We are looking for a Capacity Manager to join our Backbone team to support the expansion of our global network. This is an ideal role for a Capacity Manager who will be responsible for developing a network growth plan and be closely connected to the realization & deployment of the plan.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
Date posted: 1st of October 2020
Closing date: 30th of October 2020
- Experience modeling and simulating network demands into a Capacity & Topology Plan for our Backbone (intra and inter DC/POP).
- Work with large, complex data sets around the Facebook data infrastructure and solve difficult ad-hoc analysis problems.
- Translate Layer 3 topology plan into engineering design packages by analyzing, distilling and publishing High Level Plans and Low Level Designs
- Develop, communicate and coordinate network contingency plans and capacity augments.
- Influence asses and Support the development of new network hardware (IP and/or Optical) initiatives and evolving network topologies, identify areas of efficiency gain
- Lead incident response, postmortems, and production improvements that result in automated workflows and better detection/mitigation of network capacity constraints.
- Develop framework for end-to-end availability and performance measurement of uptime of critical services and key network performance metrics
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Network Operations, Deployment and/or Network Planning for large web-scale or equivalent network
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including equipment and design principles for resiliency planning
- Experience in Statistical data analysis (eg. R, Python) and data-base languages (SQL)
- Analyze large data sets related to network engineering (network demand, utilization, deployment timelines) with an ability to discern key inputs and retain and use data that high-impact decisions.
- Effective communication, able to explain complex problems to partner teams
- Experience with use of network planning and inventory tools
- Experience with both terrestrial and submarine networks
- Preferred BS or MS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
Back to top