Motion Designer - Instagram
Over a billion people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
We're looking for someone to join our Design Team as a Motion Designer. You will be joining a team that supports Instagram's growing portfolio of products and features. This team is responsible for creating motion ideation around content creation tools in 2D and 3D.
This person will be responsible for contributing to the overall design process through concept, design development, and delivery of compelling visuals that will resonate with an external global audience. This person is an expert in their craft and is highly skilled in working with a team of visual artists to deliver great work. They should have the ability to adapt to various creative styles and mediums.
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco, CA.
- Execute on adding thoughtful animation to the Instagram product experiences
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with a small team including Art Directors, Designers, 3D Generalists, Tech Artists and Producer
- Experiment with different creative techniques, tools to mock-up and prototype ideas quickly
- Produce strong conceptual animations that are engaging and unique
- Generate ideas, inspire your teammates, give and receive feedback, and critique respectfully
- Able to meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and keep projects moving forward
- 3+ years of experience working at a creative agency, an in-house team, or editorial environment with experience in two or more disciplines: illustration, motion graphics, animation or video editing
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work (include link on your resume)
- Experience working on projects such as storyboards, narrative, advertising campaigns, product and branding projects
- Experience with visual storytelling
- Experience using After Effects, Cinema 4d and Final Cut Pro
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top