Monetization Product Marketing Manager- Shops & Marketplace
(Menlo Park, CA - Seattle, WA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a product marketer who is knowledgeable and passionate about marketplaces, mobile commerce, and launching products that help people discover products they love and businesses drive sales. The ideal candidate will have experience with and strong opinions on mobile commerce, with a deep understanding of industry competitive landscape, trends, and business models. She or he must have experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results, and developing and executing against global launch plans to bring marketplace products to market. Excellent analytical and communication skills and comfort with ambiguity are a must. This is a full-time position based at Facebook headquarters in Menlo Park.
- Lead market assessment, quantitative analysis, qualitative feedback, and represent the voice of the market internally with Product Management and Engineering, with a focus on eCommerce seller solutions
- Identify significant long-term opportunities based on research, analysis and a strategic view of the direction of the market
- Plan and lead cross-functional efforts to drive successful product alpha and beta programs and launches for businesses, globally
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the broader Facebook ecosystem and competitive landscape to develop strategic product feedback and positioning
- Define and manage comprehensive go-to-market strategy and plan including positioning, policy, launch strategy, PR. Partner effectively with Product Management and outbound marketing to lead world-class product marketing communications for new business products
- Communicate the value proposition of new products to all go-to-market teams and ensure that effective sales support materials and packages are created
- Drive product adoption and usage rates by supporting market facing programs and effective product launch support
- BA/BS degree
- 8+ years professional experience
- 2+ years working in a product marketing capacity (partnered closely with product management and/or engineering to represent market requirements and with sales to support product launches)
- Marketplaces experience, partnering with product teams to identify and bring to market solutions for sellers.
- Quantitative analytical ability
- Experience communicating large-scale concepts
- Experience in a face-paced, start-up environment
- Mobile Advertising Experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top