Monetization Product Marketing Manager, Local Discovery
(New York, NY)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks a leader to join the Monetization Product Marketing team, focused on building products to enable the discovery of businesses on Facebook. This includes Facebook’s Pages and Locations product areas. With over 60 Million active business Pages, the Page platform is one of the largest business platforms in the world and this leader will be responsible for helping to shape the way millions of people around the world discover and interact with the businesses that matter most to them. The ideal candidate will have experience with and strong opinions on business discovery (via search or app) and business/location data sets, with a deep understanding of the landscape, trends, and business models. She or he must have experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results, and developing and executing against global launch plans. Excellent analytical and communication skills and comfort with ambiguity are a must. This is a full-time position based at Facebook headquarters in New York.
- Lead market assessment, quantitative analysis, qualitative feedback, and represent the voice of the market internally with Product Management and Engineering in prioritization, design and development discussions.
- Identify significant long-term opportunities based on research, analysis and a strategic view of the direction of the market.
- Plan and lead cross-functional efforts to drive successful product alpha and beta programs and launches for businesses, globally.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the broader Facebook ecosystem and competitive landscape to develop strategic product feedback and positioning.
- Define and manage comprehensive go-to-market strategy and plan including positioning, policy, launch strategy, PR.
- Partner effectively with Product Management and outbound marketing to lead world-class product marketing communications for new business products.
- Communicate the value proposition of new products to all go-to-market teams and ensure that effective sales support materials and packages are created.
- Drive product adoption and usage rates by supporting market facing programs and effective product launch support.
- BA/BS degree.
- 2+ years’ experience in product management or product marketing.
- Quantitative analytical ability and Communication skills.
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree.
- 8+ years professional experience in software or internet technology with backgrounds in strategy consulting and online advertising experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top