Mobile Software Developer (WhatsApp - LON)
(London, United Kingdom)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you'll have instant impact from day one. WhatsApp has an open culture and flat organization. Every engineer is literally sitting a few steps away from the founders. As a member of our engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
- Create new, awesome features for millions of users
- Write efficient, maintainable code for mobile phones
- Own release and QA cycles of your code
- Work with customer support to fix reported bugs
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Ability to work in a team
- Experience with Java, Objective-C, C#, or C/C++ programming and debugging skills
- Understanding of application architecture and object-oriented design
- Android, iOS, or Windows Phone development experience, with knowledge of best practices, APIs and libraries
- 2+ years of commercial software experience
- Working experience with networking and messaging protocols
- Knowledgeable in the following areas: multi-threaded programming, TCP/IP sockets, SQLite
- Experience developing native mobile apps
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top