Mobile Software Developer, Analytics
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas - making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you'll have instant impact from day one. WhatsApp has an open culture and flat organization. Every engineer is literally sitting a few steps away from the founders. As a member of our engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
- Work with mobile client engineers to help them define and analyze data for improving product performance and quality
- Define and maintain a set of key product performance and quality metrics
- Develop techniques for highlighting significant changes in performance and quality metrics (e.g. between two software releases)
- Develop techniques for tracking performance and quality metrics over time
- Work with tool engineers to automate workflows and create tools for performance and quality metrics tracking
- Lead individual projects for making data-driven product improvements
- Understanding of statistical data analysis techniques used for classification, regression, clustering, dimensionality reduction, anomaly detection
- 2+ years or experience applying statistical data analysis to real-life problems
- Knowledge of data analysis tools and libraries like "PyData" and R
- Ability to present data and communicate analysis results in a way that doesn't require statistical background to understand
- Ability to work independently, determining what to instrument and collect, with an eye toward improving the product
- Ability to automate data analysis steps using Python
- BS in statistics, math or equivalent
- Ability to work in a team
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top