Mobile Operator Support Engineer
Internet.org is a global initiative dedicated to making affordable Internet access available to the two thirds of the world not yet connected. Making the Internet available to every person on earth is a goal too large and too important for any one company, group, or government to solve alone. Internet.org's partners have come together to meet this challenge because they believe in the power of a connected world. This role is an opportunity to be part of this initiative by working with global operators on creating new business models to bring affordable Internet to the unconnected. As a Mobile Operator Support Engineer you will be providing technical support to Facebook's mobile operator partners to help them deploy and maintain their special pricing campaigns, while also helping them to ensure a high quality experience to their subscribers. You will also work with the Infrastructure team to analyze and resolve the issues reported by Operators and evaluate possible improvements in the infrastructure deployments. The role is based out of our Dublin office and works with a broad range of Mobile Operators across APAC, EMEA and LATAM to integrate affordable basic Internet services including Facebook into their mobile offerings.
MOBILE OPERATOR SUPPORT ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with our Mobile Operator partners to help them deploy both Internet.org as well as Facebook's special pricing offerings onto their mobile network. This includes remotely supporting the Mobile Operator's deployment and testing of VPN connections, Header Enrichment, Special Pricing configurations and SMSC Binds from our office in Dublin, Ireland
- Provide ongoing reactive technical support to Mobile Operators through a scaled ticketing system while ensuring a high quality of service. This includes troubleshooting partners technical issues in real-time in cooperation with their engineering and 2nd level operations teams and working with Facebook's internal technical teams on resolving those issues
- Build and maintain proactive monitoring systems to ensure all Mobile Operator integrations are highly available
- Communicate partner needs to the Facebook product team to improve people's experiences with our products
- Help scale programs by writing documentation and other materials that can be used by Operators to help them integrate with Facebook infrastructure.
- Previous experience as a Support Engineer, Service Engineer, VAS engineer, Packet core/Network/IP Engineer (or similar) in the telecommunications space.
- BA/BS in Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- Good understanding of standard operator infrastructure, capabilities and network protocols, especially service (VAS) infrastructures, packet core infrastructure (2G/3G/4G) including advanced packet core features (PCRF, DPI), BSS infrastructures for provisioning and charging (online/offline charging, mediation)
- Knowledge of signalling protocols and flows (SS7, Sigtran, Diameter)
- Strong knowledge and operational experience in VAS services (national/international SMS flows, SMS hubbbing principles)
- Solid understanding of IT infrastructures (distributed, high available real-time infrastructures) and network protocols on different layers (OSI layer model - IP, TCP, UDP, SCTP, HTTP, SMPP, GTP) preferred with good knowledge of different data exchange formats, protocols and common telecom infrastructure APIs in general
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, including writing technical documentation
- Unix/Linux experience would be highly advantageous
- Scripting experience would be highly advantageous
- Relocation assistance available
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Calibra, Fraud Operations Process Architect
- Developer Support Engineer
- Global Workplace Vendor Manager
- Head of Compliance
- Program Manager, EMEA Vendor Operations - Product & Services Operations
- Technical Recruiter
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top