Mobile Operator Support Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Internet.org (https://internet.org/ (https://info.internet.org/en/)) is a global initiative dedicated to making affordable Internet access available to the two thirds of the world not yet connected. Making the Internet available to every person on earth is a goal too large and too important for any one company, group, or government to solve alone. Internet.org's partners have come together to meet this challenge because they believe in the power of a connected world. This role is an opportunity to be part of this initiative by working with global Mobile Operators / Internet Service Providers (ISP) on creating new business models to bring affordable Internet to the unconnected. As a Mobile Operator Support Engineer you will be providing technical support to Facebook's mobile operator partners / ISPs to help them deploy and maintain their special pricing campaigns, while also helping them to ensure a high-quality experience to their subscribers. You will also work with the Infrastructure team to analyze and resolve the issues reported by Operators and evaluate possible improvements in the infrastructure deployments. The role is based out of our Singapore office and works with a broad range of Mobile Operators / ISPs across APAC, EMEA and LATAM to integrate affordable basic Internet services including Facebook into their mobile offerings. This position is based out of our Singapore office.
- Work closely with our Mobile Operator partners / Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to help them deploy both Internet.org as well as Facebook's special pricing offerings onto their network. This includes remotely supporting the deployments and testing of VPN connections, Header Enrichment, Special Pricing configurations and SMSC Binds from our office in Singapore
- Provide ongoing reactive technical support to Mobile Operators / ISPs through a scaled ticketing system while ensuring a high quality of service. This includes troubleshooting partners technical issues in real-time in cooperation with their engineering and 2nd level operations teams and working with Facebook's internal technical teams on resolving those issues
- Build and maintain proactive monitoring systems to ensure all our integrations are highly available
- Communicate partner needs to the Facebook product team to improve people's experiences with our products
- Help scale programs by writing documentation and other materials that can be used by our partners to help them integrate with Facebook infrastructure
- Provide on-call support coverage via on call rotation schedule (during working hours) including weekends
- Work with cross functional teams to deliver data-driven impactful results
- Previous experience as a Support Engineer, Service Engineer, VAS engineer, Packet core (or similar) in the telecommunications space
- BA/BS in Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- Good understanding of standard operator infrastructure, capabilities and network protocols, especially service (VAS) infrastructures, packet core infrastructure (2G/3G/4G) including advanced packet core features (PCRF, DPI), BSS infrastructures for provisioning and charging (online/offline charging, mediation)
- Knowledge of signaling protocols and flows (SS7, Sigtran, Diameter)
- Strong knowledge and operational experience in VAS services (national/international SMS flows, SMS hubbing principles)
- Solid understanding of IT infrastructures (distributed, high available real-time infrastructures) and network protocols on different layers (OSI layer model - IP, TCP, UDP, SCTP, HTTP, SMPP, GTP) preferred with good knowledge of different data exchange formats, protocols and common telecom infrastructure APIs in general
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, including writing technical documentation
- Unix/Linux experience would be highly advantageous
- Scripting experience would be highly advantageous
- Programming / Software debugging experience would be highly advantageous
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top