Mobile Core Engineer (Oculus)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense—and we're just getting started. Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body.Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world. As an experienced Software Engineer working on the Oculus Mobile Core team you will be building the basis of all Gear VR applications and its continued innovation. The Mobile Core team provides the core interface for building virtual reality applications for Gear VR. You will work on all aspects of the system, from the low-level hardware/drivers, to high level engine integration.
- Help deliver an exceptional virtual reality experience by improving performance and quality of our mobile SDK and platform.
- Increase adoption of the Oculus platform by building great software and tools for content creators.
- Design and implement the features for the Oculus platform.
- Optimize the experience across different application types and devices.
- Working with external vendors to push forward Oculus goals.
- 3+ years of C and C++ programming experience.
- 3+ years of experience with 3D math.
- 3+ years experience with graphics APIs (OpenGL / Vulkan)
- Optimization skills.
- Familiarity with 3D graphics hardware and driver stack.
- Android OS experience.
- Virtual reality experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top