ML Research Engineer, Intent / Semantic Ads
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking experienced ML Engineers to join our Ads group. This is an excellent opportunity to have immediate impact for the organization. We are seeking research engineers with a focus on intent understanding for user pixel data. This group will collaborate cross functionally within our Ads organization overall.
- Classify web content (text, image, description, product ID, SKU, price and etc.) into ontologies, taxonomies or keyword spaces.
- Learn representation, e.g. embedding of the extract raw content via deep learning and other related ML algorithms.
- Build user and ad profiles from the taxonomies or from the learnt representational space e.g. embedding.
- Product understanding, product search and user short-intent understanding
- Build retrieval and/or ranking systems (both infra and ML models) to best utilize the above signal to help boost ad relevance and quality.
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field and 4+ years of applied ranking or machine learning experience, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Background in Machine Learning
- Programming experience in C, C++, Java or Python
- Have technical experience on website crawling, website scraping, web content understanding / classification, user interest / intent profile building, natural language processing, text and image understanding.
- Familiar with ML technologies to best utilize the information extracted from website visit data
- Search and Ads experience
- Knowledge of distributed systems
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top