Mixed-Methods Market Researcher, Growth
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product and marketing to make the best social platform for Facebook's billion+ users. Our primary research ranges from formative to evaluative, using approaches such as focus groups, in-depth interviews, quantitative surveys, and statistical modeling. For this position, we are looking for individuals with mixed-methods background (experts in both qualitative and quantitative methods), with an understanding of how to integrate diverse sources of insights. The right candidates will have done rigorous, creative, impactful primary research, and will be excellent communicators, passionate about empowering people with online social platforms, comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on bringing compelling and relevant online experiences to as many people as possible around the world.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners (product management, data science, analytics, business, design, engineering) to identify and prioritize knowledge gaps in our understanding of the Facebook experience (e.g., in emerging markets and other populations or cohorts), and design research that uniquely contributes to solving for those knowledge gaps
- Design and execute custom primary research using a wide variety of methods (quantitative methods and a subset of qualitative methods), and interpret analysis through the lens of business impact, UX, HCI, and social science
- Design research studies that drive tactical and strategic product decisions and address both user behavior and attitudes
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Lead and deliver research share-outs to a cross-functional team to encourage empathy with and understanding of the Facebook experience for different segments (specific markets, new or resurrected users, etc.), and identify clear opportunities Facebook can address to improve the experience
- Collaborate closely with other researchers
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in social science (e.g., Communication, Sociology, Political Science, Economics, Psychology), or in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Informatics, Econometrics) with experience answering social questions
- Knowledge in quantitative research methodologies (e.g., survey sampling and design, significance testing, regression modeling, experimental design, behavioral data analysis)
- Experience in survey design
- Experience executing hands-on, primary research
- Experience in data manipulation and analysis using statistical tools (R/SAS/Stata, SQL/Hive)
- Ability to ask, as well as answer questions for businesses
- Willingness to travel internationally
- 3+ years of experience conducting research in an organization or consulting environment, including working with key stakeholders to understand and clarify their people research needs, and communicating analyses to technical and non-technical audiences.
- 3+ years of experience applying multivariate statistical methods such as GLM, analysis of quasi-experimental research designs with non-equivalent groups (e.g., regression adjustment, matching, propensity score stratification), longitudinal analysis, classification, dimension reduction, clustering, hierarchical linear (random effects) modeling, etc., to people research problems in organizations
- Experience executing mixed-methods research (combining qualitative and quantitative methods)
- Experience conducting international/cross-cultural research, particularly in Emerging Markets
- Comfortable leading cross-functional partners in international research and international research trips
- Previous experience identifying and working with vendors on end-to-end research design on international research projects
- Experience with SQL/Hive and/or Python and large datasets (> 1TB)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top