Mixed-Method UX Researcher
- Los Angeles, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
This is an exciting time at Facebook, and understanding people is more important than ever. This role will be an integral part of the product development process, and this person will design, execute and deliver high-impact research. The ideal candidate is passionate about understanding advertisers and helping to create world-class advertising products that connect both people and businesses, as well as understanding and improving the experience people on FB have with ads.
- Design and execute custom research to support the objectives of the advertising business and meet the needs of people on FB
- Represent the large and small advertisers and FB user to internal teams
- Employ innovative research methods that lead to key insights
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional partners (e.g., Product Management, Product Marketing, Engineering, Data Science)
- Communicate effectively to drive action and inspire new ideas
- Work collaboratively with other UX researchers to leverage and build upon knowledge
- BA/BS in Computer Science, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in applied product research
- Knowledge of qualitative, quantitative and user-centered research methods (e.g., interviewing, ethnography, surveys, co-design, concept-testing, etc.)
- Experience working with large-scale data in multi-method studies
- MA/MS/PhD in a human behavior related field (Computer Science, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, Mathematics, etc.)
- Experience conducting research for global products
- Experience with survey design and response effects
- Experience coding, PHP, SQL and Python
- Experience with applied statistics
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top