Mixed Methods UX Researcher, Novi
- Tel Aviv, Israel
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
For many people around the world, basic financial services are still out of reach: about 1.7 billion adults globally remain unbanked. The cost of that exclusion is significant - $25 billion is lost by migrants every year through remittance fees. This is the challenge we're hoping to address with Novi, a Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through Libra, a new global payment system powered by blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet - Novi - for Libra, and it will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app.
At Novi, you will be working with a talented and dedicated group of people developing blockchain technologies. Our leadership is experienced and some of the best minds working today in their respective fields. This is difficult technical work, will have massive global impact, and you will get to work closely with smart people on an intellectually challenging initiative.
- Work closely with product teams to identify important research questions
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
- Collaborate closely with other researchers
- Partner with design, product management, data science, content strategy, engineering, marketing, and other technical roles to conduct and share research
- Act as a thought leader in the domain of research, while advocating for the people who could use our products
- Communicate insights in creative and compelling ways
- B.A/B.S. in Computer Science, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in applied product research
- Knowledge of qualitative, quantitative and user-centered research methods (e.g., interviewing, ethnography, surveys, co-design, concept-testing, etc.)
- MA/MS/PhD in a human behavior related field (Computer Science, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, Mathematics, etc.)
- Experience conducting research for global products
- Experience working with vendors to execute research
- Experience working with large-scale data in multi-method studies
- Experience with survey design and response effects
- Experience with applied statistics
Back to top