Mixed Methods UX Researcher
- Seattle, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product design to make the best social platform for Facebook's billion users. Our work ranges from formative to evaluative, ethnography to live experiments and involves collaboration between qualitative and quantitative researchers.
The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about UI design, passionate about social computing, comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely impacting the design of Facebook.
- Work closely with product teams to identify research topics
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a wide variety of methods
- Collaborate closely with other researchers
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to create and share research
- 3+ years of experience in applied product research
- MA/MS in Cognitive/Experimental/Social Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Human Factors, or a related field
- Experience working with large-scale data in multi-method studies
- Knowledge of research methods and at least one subset of methods (e.g., ethnography)
- Experience conveying research findings and implications to audiences
- Analytical, project management, and problem-solving experience
- Experience with autonomy and independent decision making to weigh tradeoffs and balance demands
- Knowledge of qualitative and user-centered design methods
Back to top