Mixed Methods Strategy Researcher
- Menlo Park, CA
For this position, we are looking for an experienced individual contributor who will work with the leadership team on strategic product initiatives and new innovative user experiences. The right candidate will be an impactful communicator, passionate about understanding people, curious about the relationship between technology and society, comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization, and a great collaborator.
This role has a high degree of independence and leadership, responsible for communicating directly with business and cross-functional leads, selecting the appropriate research methodology, designing and managing research projects, working with vendors to execute research, and creating and presenting reports to leadership. You will have a high level of autonomy and decision making to balance complex and sometimes competing demands.
This position will work closely with the Market Strategy team and other Research teams to integrate all available knowledge into the broader story of how FB app is performing overall and where there are further opportunities to improve storytelling and gain traction with various audiences.
- Develop point-of-views and recommend product direction based on summaries of data sources including proprietary research and academic literature.
- Manage custom and syndicated research in support of strategic initiatives.
- Enable business partners to have an understanding of the people who use Facebook products through understanding market segments, detecting opportunities for product development, and developing personas for design.
- Bring forth and champion new and different people problems that engineers haven't thought about before, through deeply understanding how people live, what they value, what they're daily lives are like.
- Explore future uses of social media in light of possible technology innovation and changes and market dynamics.
- B.A/B.S. in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology or a related field
- 6+ years experience in applied product research
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience working with large-scale data and multi-method studies
- Experience with survey design and analysis
- Knowledge of business strategy frameworks
- MA/MS/PhD in a human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, etc.)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top