Mission Control Analyst
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Do you like working with messy data from lots of sources and in lots of forms? Do you have an almost obsessive attention to detail but can also drive to conclusions and insights? Do you want to use data to influence how the Engineering and Product teams at Facebook grow and thrive for years to come? If this sounds interesting, we want to talk to you. In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and our ability to transform over time. You could work on some of the most challenging workforce growth issues at a scale that few companies can match. The Mission Control team is a group of people at Facebook responsible for workforce planning and resource allocations for the technical and product teams. We are looking for an analyst to build custom reports, dashboards, models, forecasts and do deep-dives on discrete questions we have about how best to grow our technical teams. This is a full time position based in our main office in Menlo Park and will report to the lead Mission Control Business Program Manager.
- Provide data, reporting, dashboards, models, forecasts and insights that the technical teams will need to best articulate the “demand” they have and help translate this into the “supply” for the recruiting teams
- Determine the best possible ways to automate and evolve these regular reports to best serve the audience needs, including building portals or destinations designed to be easy to navigate
- Present all data and findings in succinct and creative ways using data visualizations and for an executive audience
- Combine qualitative findings and other inputs along with data analytics to make comprehensive recommendations
- Approach ad-hoc data requests creatively, identifying root cause needs and determine when discrete needs should be regular reports or dashboards
- Perform deep-dive analyses to answer complex questions and deliver insights on the root causes of issues and make recommendations on strategic changes to be made to the growth plans or how we meet them
- Meet with executives, engineering managers, product managers and non-technical clients to understand data needs
- Build strong relationships & influence constituents from support functions across the company to act on findings
- Work with data infrastructure, tooling and process teams to triage data-quality issues and drive to long term improvement of data quality
- Must love data and “building” things – making dashboards, structuring data, and getting your hands dirty
- Ability to merge together data sets from disparate sources and report findings in a variety of formats and mediums
- Great attentional to detail and commitment to data accuracy especially in times of rapid turn-around needs
- Degree in an analytical field and 4+ years analytic work experience desired
- Good understanding of statistics and experience with investigating correlations
- Experience and patience with unclean data with the follow-through to fix it long term
- Strong knowledge of Tableau preferred and must be able to learn new analytic software
- Comfortable with ambiguity and applying creativity to solve complex problems
- Deeply interested in organizational behavior and in understanding what motivates people.
- Strong SQL skills a plus, as well as any other data querying languages.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top