Metrology and Test Engineer
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As a Metrology and Test Engineer at Facebook Reality Labs, you will be responsible for developing the test coverage and the strategy to deliver state of the art metrology solutions for quality control of critical optical components to facilitate system integration. You will join a highly cross-functional team tasked with design, development, prototyping and production of optical components to support AR optics productization. This role requires close collaboration with internal cross functional partners and external vendors to define and deliver complex solutions to support process development, quality control and to performance.
- Lead test strategy to allow adequate coverage to support design verification cycles to support transfer to high volume manufacturing.
- Develop test plans based on component and level requirements to ensure process capability, product performance and instrument validations.
- Failure and Root cause analysis for process troubleshooting and reliability testing.
- Coordinate with other teams to identify, procure and develop custom instrumentation to meet program needs.
- Manage external partnership with MP vendors and instrument manufacturers to define test plans from development to production.
- Manage instrumentation and testing schedule to meet product level deliverables.
- Analyze, design and evaluate custom instrumentation as needed to establish proof of concept or validate specified performance.
- Lead instrument validation effort to support end-to-end process development with (Design, URS, Risk Assessment, MVP, IQ, OQ, SOP and PQ).
- Drive method transfers to internal and external partners to support integration.
- Master's degree in Optical Sciences or related fields or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in development of optical metrology and test solutions in a consumer electronics or related field.
- Experience in design, assembly and automation, testing and deployment of test and metrology tools.
- Expertise in profilometry, interferometry (zygo, white-light), distortion measurements, MTF testing, spectrophotometry, wavefront sensing, laser-scanning, OCT.
- Experience developing hardware test solutions for automated data capture and data processing.
- Experience in optical components performance testing and evaluation.
- Experience with in-line and off-line testing using automated systems for quality control in HVM for (IQC, OQC, PQ and final inspection of optical components.
- Experience with optical design software (Zemax, Code V).
- Experience with optical metrology method for lens characterization (wavefront sensing, MTF and spectroscopy).
- PhD in Optical Sciences, with 5+ years of experience in Optical metrology and instrumentation.
- 7+ years of experience in testing and metrology.
- Knowledge in statistical methods (6s, SPC, Cpk) and processing software such as (Minitab, JMP, MATLAB) for data analytics.
- Experience designing and executing development projects with a design of experiment approach (DOE) to troubleshoot, and solve engineering problems.
- Experience in factory test development for consumer electronics products or in HVM of optical components.
- Experience with optical characterization of optical coatings and materials a plus.
- Experience in full life-cycle product launch.
- Experience with reliability testing for design verification.
- Background in opto-mechanical engineering, 3D printing, CAD, CNC.
- Familiarity with GxP guidelines, ISO and ANSI standards for medical device manufacturing.
- Precision engineering, IMU sensors, CNC machines, DFM, robotics/automation and experience with Machine vision systems.
- Experience with data sciences.
- CFR 21 Part 11 compliance experience.
Back to top