Media Strategy Planning & Operations Lead
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Strategy Planning & Operations Lead who can work effectively with Media Partnerships leadership to drive the business forward. We are looking for an expert in business strategy and operations, who uses an analytical, strategic, pragmatic, and results-oriented approach to be a trusted partner to the Media Partnerships organization.
The mission of the Global Strategy, Planning & Operations (SP&O) is to be a trusted partner to the Media Partnerships organization and help the business owners and their teams maximize business performance through strategic planning, establishing operational excellence and providing actionable insights and recommendations. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical and consultative mindset, a natural knack for operations and maximizing performance, experience and interest in providing best in class business partnering to stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic, and fast-paced environment and will have comfort and creating in tackling new internal business operational challenges and will be a jack of all trades.
- Support management in strategic, operational planning and ensure decisions in line with overall Facebook approach and goals
- Establish operational excellence and ensure we have strong plans and KPIs in place at a vertical, regional, market and SPM level
- Develop and implement go-to-market strategies, e.g. for new markets, products, or org design
- Develop deep business expertise for the vertical/region being supported
- Generate data driven insights into both internal team and external market performance
- Lead and implement operational reviews and rhythm of the business activities to drive operational excellence, transparency and accountability
- Identify, scope and drive critical projects and initiatives to help leaders in Media Partnerships better run their businesses through planning, operations, and analysis
- Stay on top of market trends and changes in the competitive landscape, and share appropriate insights with the team
- Frame and break down complex business problems into key components, design analysis to drive insights and answers to critical questions, and recommend practical solutions to get results
- Collect & analyze data, information, and research (e.g., market data, competitive analysis, etc.) through quantitative and qualitative mechanisms to make decisions on critical strategic issue
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years work experience in the tech/media industry in consulting, investment banking, and/or sales operations
- Demonstrated experience in establishing world-class operational discipline and rhythm for businesses and teams
- Experience driving cross-functional projects from inception to execution
- Experience developing or overseeing quantitative analysis and delivering actionable insights
- Experience leading, influencing and executing at all cross-functional levels of an organization
- Communication experience
- MBA or Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, finance, economics, business or related field
- Strong Excel skills
- Intermediate or advanced skills in SQL
- Biz ops or sales ops experience
Back to top