(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Instagram
A Facebook Company
Over 600 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
We are looking for an experienced Media Planner to join our Brand Marketing team and support global marketing efforts for Instagram in on and off platform media. The Brand marketing team is part of the Instagram marketing team, and responsible for effectively expressing Instagram’s voice in the World. It’s our job to deliver Instagram to people on and off the platform in an authentic and effective way.
Your role as a Media Planner within this would be to bring an understanding of what it takes for a brand to express themselves in media and an operational expertise in making that happen.
- Develop measurable media communication plans for our consumer-facing brand and product campaigns, leveraging a wide variety of different channels – digital and traditional
- Liaise with external media agencies and internal media teams to represent and collaborate on media planning and execution around the globe
- Manage demand generation campaigns on Facebook, Instagram and ad-networks
- Work with the wider marketing team and cross-functional teams to ensure seamless delivery of creative messaging into the world
- Track and optimize campaigns then provide and final campaign analysis
- Being an internal consulting resource on media specific information
- Create Target Audience recommendations,
- Oversee, author and/or constructively edit and review all media documents (timelines, POVs, plans, agreements, memos, and correspondence from within and outside the factory and assorted agencies)
- Managing the scheduling, posting, tracking and compiling of weekly performance reports
- Insure key information is provided to team in a timely manner including any agency partner issues, production issues, vendor issues, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years experience in a media-planning role at an agency or within a client organization
- Experience working on consumer and/or tech brands developing and executing multimedia campaigns
- Experience with MRI, Comscore, Nielsen
- Experience with media mix modeling
- Experience in global marketing strategy
- Experience in current trends and innovation in media, tracking, analytics and research
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top