Media Planning and Operations Lead (VR Venues)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense-and we're just getting started.
With more people using VR everyday, Oculus is seeking a Lead for VR Media Content Planning and Operations to work alongside our content, business development, product, engineering and developer relations teams in delivering VR users the best live media content possible on a daily basis. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about new media formats, timely storytelling, and social VR experiences for publishers, creators and their audiences. This is a full-time position located in Menlo Park, California.
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
- Lead worldwide media content planning and creation for premiere and live experiences and events for our venues platform, and establish operational processes for scheduling, prioritization, implementation and performance management
- Collaborate with product teams to plan and schedule programming for shows, events and live experiences, based on community needs, user data and audience demographics
- Partner with content team and third party developers to design and conceive of the highest quality experiences and events
- Support VR creators in bringing new content formats and models to the Oculus platform, establishing tools and resources as needed
- Manage programming calendar and schedule to ensure that deadlines are met and content is launched on a timely cadence
- Work with Immersive Media lead to optimize experiences for hardware and technology
- Work collaboratively with our content, partnerships, product management, marketing and finance teams to establish ongoing performance management processes
- 5+ years of experience working on media and technology, with experience managing teams in digital video and content operations
- Experience working with content creators, broadcast operations and/or project management
- Analytical skills and familiarity with both VR industry and Facebook-related data / metrics
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with cross-functional business partners, leads and peers
- Ability to multi-task on projects across various teams and to turn insights into action
- Track record of leadership and hands on video business experience for global organizations
- Interpersonal skills and ability to develop working relationships inside and outside Facebook
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top