Media Operations MBA Intern
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Media Operations team develops solutions for public figures and media publishers on Facebook and Instagram by creating scaled systems to address the issues impacting their experience with our product and support, analyzing how they interact with products and each other, and packaging these insights for the rest of the company. We are looking for strong strategic leaders to join the team this summer. Your objective will be to develop a strategic plan to solve a key business problem and deliver against that plan to improve the experience of publishers on Facebook.Your contributions will have lasting significance by equipping the broader Media Operations team to deliver increased impact beyond the extent of your internship. You will be required to work with influential leaders across the company in Partnerships, Operations, and Product Management, utilize a strong strategic mindset, leverage data to inform your positions, and navigate obstacles in a quickly-changing and ambiguous environment. This is a great team with a lot of energy and momentum. The position is for a full-time internship and based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Collaborate with members of the Media Operations team as well as Strategic Partner Managers, Product Managers, Operations and Marketing teams to understand a key business problem
- Partner with several internal and external experts to develop a structured, actionable project plan
- Analyze relevant qualitative / quantitative data and effectively summarize insights
- Present findings, next steps, and impact clearly to company leaders
- Deliver against the plan in collaboration with teammates
- Current MBA student with graduation date between December 2017 and August 2018
- Experience in Internet/technology
- Experience with meeting objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with supervision
- Experience developing strategic solutions
- Media experience (traditional or digital) preferred
- Interest in scaling support systems while maintaining high customer satisfaction preferred, but not necessary
- Permanent U.S. work authorization required as company sponsorship is not available
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top