Media, Audiences & Distribution leader
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for someone to lead their Media, Audiences & Distribution team within the Global Consumer Marketing organization. This role will be responsible for leading the team that determines the right media and communications strategies, locations and distribution for all of our consumer-facing marketing campaigns and initiatives. More specifically we are looking for a passionate media leader who is a thinker and doer with operational experience in global media and management. They will need to have deep experience using Facebook advertising and other marketing channels to drive brand, product and growth objectives. The role sits within Facebook's dynamic and fast-growing internal Consumer Marketing Group, and will manage a team of Communication Planners and Media Managers across a number of Facebook key brands – Facebook, Internet.org and Messenger. This role is located in our Menlo Park office and reports to the Head of Consumer Product Marketing.
- Lead and scale a team, with the goal of redefining our strategic and executional approach in how we present Facebook's brand and products in the world
- Leverage & analyze consumer data that can be converted into ideas and stories
- Rely heavily on partners and be comfortable with the interdependencies that come from working in a highly networked and cross-functional organization
- Build relationships within the immediate working groups of the Factory, Product Marketing Managers , Regional Marketers and Analytics & Insights, as well as other adjacent teams such product teams, measurement teams, creative teams, sales teams, regional offices, etc.
- Guide the team as we develop measurable media communications that uses marketing analytics to prove out our marketing objectives
- Build and scale our Consumer Media organization to meet the growing needs of our growing business
- Bachelor degree
- 15+ years experience working in media marketing/advertising organizations
- 10+ years management experience
- Experience in operationalizing a multi-faceted team
- Ability to work and thrive in a self-starter, fast-paced and changing environment
- Global experience
- Strong leadership track record at a Media company/agency
- Proven leader, within or around a creative agency
- Experience at or with Technology companies or brands
- Understands and is passionate about Consumer Brand and Product marketing
- Comfortably balanced as a creative and analytical thinker
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top